Monday, October 20, 2008

Bar camp 2 chennai

I've never been to any such conference or rather unconference... i was very impressed with the format of the whole thing. Very casual and no frills attached discussions...made me wonder...about how old and rather stale my idea of socializing and interacting is!! also made me wonder for the first time in 5years - is it because i am not really in the "corporate IT" circle that i am missing out on something? donno....but it was very refreshing.

Thanks largely to Sukumar Sir for showing me the path hitherto unknow to me....

Though the turnout and to some extent the content was also a let down, being my first time i liked it a lot.

The sessions that I liked were

Indianphotothief by Dilip Muralidharan - Awesome info on the legal aspects of copyrights for art works

Global economy meltdown - Rupiya ganesh, Sukumar, Syed....with inputs from others....awesome info on Y and how USA ruined it for all of us.

There were other intresting things too but these two stand out as what i got from the Bar Camp 2.

No comments: